Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Carpet Capers... for the Ten and the Roadster??

I do not know why I waited, but after having the Super Ten here for a couple of months (and still no brakes) I finally checked out the last unopened bag that was stowed in the boot. I knew that there were bits and pieces of carpet, but I had other things to work on first. Well was I surprised! The bag contained the full carpet for the Super Ten. Well worn but certainly a great pattern for a replacement set AND perhaps some insite into how the Roadster carpet was made. Both cars were produced in the same time period and the Super Ten carpeting is original so chances are that they would be similar.

A couple of things to note are:
  • the carpeting itself is rather thin, but there is a rough matting that looks like it went underneath
  • the gearbox cover is not the rubber type found on the roadster
  • the carpet over the prop shaft is glued in place
  • the rubber mat is clipped to the carpet

No comments: