Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A boost of energy, mine and for the car!

Was it the cool night breeze or the sudden fear that show dates are fast approaching, either way I got cracking with getting things off the workbench and on the Ten.

With my super human strength and the help from a floor jack (mostly the jack) I managed to manueuvre the nearly complete engine into its resting place. With the engine mounted and secured on the jack, it was a simple process. Simple like a fox! The engine was raised up off the jack so that when raised the engine could be slid off onto the front crossmember, back onto the jack and lowered into place!

So simple a cave man could do it (sorry Geiko). Actually, it pretty much went as planned. Sure I managed to scratch the paint on th eengine a bit, but nothing a dab here or there could not manage to correct.





I have always found the front engine mounts a pain to get in line. This time I lined up one side, and using the end of the gearbox as a lever was able to get the other in place. All that was left to secure the engine was to get the gearbox mount bolted down, which I did.

The next step will be to attach the ancilliaries, drop some oil in the pan, crank her by hand a few times to get the oil flowing, a spot of pertol and, with luck, a puff of bluish smoke will signify that it is alive... IT'S ALIVE. Well I hope so anyway.

No comments: