Friday, July 21, 2006

The Brakes are Back

Good news is on the horizon! I have found a supplier for a new set of brake shoes. Step one was to find out that the shoes on the Super Ten are identical to those on the Morris Eight (39-48). Then the scope of the search widened enough to have a shop reply with the chance of having some. I had contacted the Morris Spares group and although they show up in their catalogue, I have not heard back from them. I did hear from Wyvern Brake Supplies in the UK. After suplying a photo of the Super Ten & Morris brakes (from a local HACK club member who has a pre-war Morris) to confirm that they are the same, I was given a quote.

98 pounds (including shipping! Quite reasonable I thought. Even the Morris Spares prices from the catalogue were almost twice that.

I mailed off the money order today, so I will update the blog when they arrive.

No comments: